School of Food has developed an accelerated teaching process that develops cooks' instinctive understanding of food - something most people assume is an innate ability that can't be developed.
Our private cookery classes are fast, fun, rewarding and extremely effective way to learn to cook. Key features are:
- Keeping demonstration time to a minimum - and your practical cooking time to a maximum
- Placing big emphasis on how to decide what to cook as much as how to cook it
- Developing your palate and understanding of flavour, texture and balance
- Mastering key skills - and giving you the confidence to teach yourself the rarely-used ones, if you ever need them
We travel to you
School of Food is not like other cookery schools: we teach at your venue, whether your kitchen at home or in your office. Key advantages to being taught at home:
- Learning on your own equipment is more effective - you don't need to adapt to the tools in a teaching kitchen, then back to your own equipment when you get home
- We teach you skills and methods that are appropriate to your kitchen - and realistically reproducible after we leave!
- We can help you make the most of your local food suppliers, and often tell you about new ones
- It is extremely convenient - we can arrange classes for whenever suits you.
School of Food cookery classes offer unparalleled convenience:
- Our professional tutors come to your home, saving you doing any traveling
- Our classes can be booked for whenever suits you so you can fit them around your timetable, rather than the other way round
- Your tutor brings all the top-quality ingredients required for the class so you do not need to worry about getting to the shops